The Focusrite RedNet D16R is a 16x16 AES3 interface featuring network and power supply redundancy compatible with any Dante audio-over-IP network.
Whether it’s post-production, broadcast, live sound or for the recording studio, if you need to add 16 bi-directional channels of high-resolution digital audio to your Dante audio network, the Focusrite RedNet D16R is an ideal choice for providing AES3 I/O in critical-path applications in any Dante network. Perfect for bridging between digital consoles, power amplifiers, digital effects processors, or any other AES3-equipped audio equipment, RedNet D16R has SRC (Sample Rate Conversion) on each input pair allowing plug-and-play operation with any AES3 source.
Focusrite RedNet D16R—Just the Facts:
- 16x16 AES3 I/O for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- Up to 24-bit, 192kHz sampling rates with sample rate conversion
- AES67 compliant
- Dual power supplies and network connections with full power and network redundancy including locking connectors for maximum reliability
- Flexible input options: DB25, XLR, RCA
- Word Clock I/O and DARS input for increased flexibility
- Combined digital I/O to AES59 standard on DB25 connectors
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and indicators
- Remote monitoring software with powerful graphic user interface
- 2-year warranty
Focusrite RedNet D16R—Under the Hood
Two rear-panel DB25 connectors wired to the AES59 standard provide eight pairs of AES3 I/O, while an additional pair of XLR connectors allows flexibility in cabling choice for one pair of I/O. Additional RCA connectors allow the connection of consumer S/PDIF equipment. All external audio inputs include sample rate conversion, further reducing cabling and clocking complexity. Word Clock I/O on BNC connectors allows external devices to clock to RedNet D16R, or alternatively allows RedNet D16R to act as a network clock grand master slaved to external input. Power is supplied through a pair of locking IEC power inlets, and network connections are provided with a pair of locking Neutrik etherCON connectors; providing redundant operation or daisy-chained operation.
Advanced A-D and D-A conversion, premium multi-layered board circuitry and rock steady JetPLL clocking delivers extremely clean, transparent audio with extensive dynamic range and 24-bit/192kHz sampling.
Dante audio networking
The power and flexibility of Dante is harnessed to build an extremely scalable, modular audio system that is compatible with any other Dante-enabled device.
Some devices feature dual power supplies and dual network connections allowing for silent fail-over in the event of power or network outage, providing peace of mind.
A wide range of connectivity options are available, including analogue, MADI, AES3, Mac, Windows, Pro Tools | HD and of course other Dante products.
For help integrating a Focusrite D16R into your Dante-enabled audio network, or configuring a new network audio system, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Integrator today.
Input Sample Rate Convertors
- Sample Rate Range: 32 to 216kHz
- Gain Error: -0.3dB
- Dynamic Range: > 138dB (-60dBFS method)
- THD+N: < -130dB (0.00003); 0dBFS input
- Latency: 11 to 45 samples (network and input sample rate dependent)
- Supported Sample Rates - 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz (-4 / -0.1 / 0.1 / 4.167) at 24-bit
- Clock Sources - Internal, Word Clock, DARS, AES input 1-2, AES input 9-10 or from Dante Network Master
- Channel Count: 2 x 2 S/PDIF Channels (reduces AES/EBU input channels)
- Input And Output: 2 x DB-25 connectors (AES59 Combined I/O / Tascam Digital)
- Alternate Input (Optional DARS): 1 x Female XLR (replaces DB-25 channels 1-2)
- Alternate Output: 1 x Male XLR (duplicates DB-25 channels 1-2)
- Input: 1 x RCA phono socket (replaces DB-25 channels 3-4)
- Output: 1 x RCA phono socket (switchable, duplicates any DB-25 channel pair)
- PSU: 2 x IEC Inputs with retaining clips
- Network: 2 x etherCON NE8FBH-S, also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors
- AES/EBU Channel Count: 16 x 16 AES/EBU channels
- Primary PSU (A): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present
- Secondary PSU (B): Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present
- Sample Rate: Orange LED for each: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, x2, x4
- Pull Up/Down: Orange LED. Indicates unit is set to operate on a Dante pull up/down domain
- Signal Indicators: 16 Green LEDs, 8 input/8 output indicators. Illuminate @ -126dBFS
- Secondary Network: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present on secondary port when in redundant mode
- Network Locked: Green LED. When unit is network slave, shows valid network lock
- Clock Source: Orange LED for each: Internal, Word Clock, DARS, Input 1–2 and Input 9–10
- Redundant: Allows unit to connect to two independent networks
- Switched: Connects both ports to integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining
- Height: 1-3/4" / 44.5 mm
- Width: 19" / 482.6 mm
- Depth: 10-5/16" / 263 mm
- Weight: 8.5 lb. / 3.84kg
- Power PSU: 2 x Internal, 100-240V, 50/60Hz, consumption 30VA
- Operating Temperature: Operates at up to an ambient temperature of 50-degrees Celsius