The Focusrite RedNet AM2 is a high-quality, compact stereo headphone amp/line-out, Ethernet-powered device compatible with any Dante audio-over-IP network at up to 24-bit/96kHz resolution.
Featuring a powerful headphone amp, capable of driving both high and low impedance headphones, Focusrite's RedNet AM2 is a high-quality audio monitoring unit that adds extra functionality to your audio network. Along with a front-panel 1/4" headphone output capable of driving high signal levels in high-SPL environments, it also has a pair of rear-panel XLR line outputs with signal level of up to 24dBu . RedNet AM2 also has top-panel level control and mute switch. The bottom of its sturdy aluminum and steel chassis features a threaded mic stand boss allowing RedNet AM2 to be placed in any convenient location; desktop or stand-mounted onstage for a performer's easy access. Finally, the IEEE standard PoE input allows a single Ethernet cable to provide power, remote control, clocking, and audio data to RedNet AM2
Focusrite RedNet AM2 - Just the Facts:
- Stereo line output and headphone for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- Power-over-Ethernet supplied: IEEE 802.3af compliant
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz sampling rates
- Robust steel and aluminum chassis
- Powerful headphone output even with high-impedance headphones
- Up to 24dBu line output levels
- Independent level control of headphone and line outputs
- Mute switch for line output
- Mic stand mount
- Kensington security slot
- Integrated network switch allowing daisy-chaining of network devices
- Power-over-Ethernet input
- 2-year warranty
Focusrite RedNet AM2 - Under the Hood
Superb-quality D/A conversion
RedNet AM2 features a 2-channel Dante receiver based on Audinate's ‘Ultimo' hardware, which interconnects Dante networks with powered speakers, amplifiers, wall plates, and break-out boxes. RedNet AM2 incorporates high-quality digital to analog conversion at standard sample rates from 44.1 to 96kHz, with 120dB dynamic range. The line-level outputs enable stereo network audio monitoring with loudspeakers and headphones.
The AM2 can be clocked either internally or via the Dante network master. Top-panel indicators show the presence of power, network, and signal. The signal indicator shows red for 0dBFS, orange at -6dBFS and green at -42dBFS on either channel, while the network indicator illuminates when a valid network connection is present on either Port 1 or 2.
High-power headphone amp
Designed to drive a wide range of headphones, the AM2 amplifier will drive high-impedance (up to 600 ohm) headphones at considerable levels, making the RedNet AM2 suitable for use onstage as well as front-of-house or in a recording studio. The XLR line-level outputs have software-switchable 0dBFS reference levels of +18 or +24dBu, allowing alignment to both EBU and SMPTE standards.
Power over Ethernet or external PSU
The RedNet AM2 has two locking etherCON connectors with an integrated gigabit switch, which are used to connect to the device to the network and to daisy-chain to additional network devices. RedNet AM2 is powered via Power over Ethernet (PoE) or by the rear-panel center-positive barrel connector and included 12V DC power supply. The power LED indicates green when powered via PoE, and red when the external power supply is in use.
Full Dante interoperability
Like the entire RedNet product range, RedNet AM2 integrates seamlessly and fully with any other Dante audio-over-IP network components and infrastructure. Patching and interconnection can be managed with Dante Controller software on Mac or PC.
Purpose-built to accommodate any environment, RedNet AM2 is the perfect portable break-out solution for analog monitoring from a Dante network.
For help integrating a Focusrite RedNet AM2 into a Dante AoIP system or configuring a new one, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Integrator today.
Line Level Outputs
- 0DBFS reference output levels: 18 or 24dBu (switchable)
- Frequency response output: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.05dB
- THD+N output: <-100dB (0.001) unweighted, 20Hz - 20kHz; -1dBFS input
- Dynamic range: 120dB A-weighted (typical), 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output to output: <-100dB unweighted, 20Hz - 20kHz; -20dBFS input
- 0DBFS reference levels headphones: 19dBm
- Headphone frequency response: 20Hz - 20kHz ±0.05dB
- Headphone THD+N: <-100dB (0.001) unweighted, 20Hz - 20kHz; -1dBFS input
- Headphone dynamic range: 118dB A-weighted (typical), 20Hz - 20kHz
- Output impedance: 5 ohm
- Headphone impedance: 32 ohm - 600 ohm
- Supported sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96kHz (-4 / -0.1 / 0.1 / 4.167) at 24-bit
- Clock sources: Internal or from Dante network master
- Minimum latency: 1ms
- Headphone outputs: 1 x 1/4" stereo jack
- Line outputs: 2 x Male XLR
- PSU (PoE And DC): 1 x PoE (Port 1) Input and 1 x DC 12V barrel input connector
- Power: LED illuminates Green when PoE is connected and Red when DC power is connected
- Signal: Signal indicator LED for both network input channels
- Mute: Red LED
- Network: Green LED: Indicates device is network master or network slave, shows valid network lock
- Control Functions: 2 x Pots
Dimensions & Weight (Approx.)
- Height (chassis only): 1-7/8" / 48 mm
- Height (Inc. Pots And Feet): 2-5/16" / 58 mm
- Width: 5-1/2" / 140mm
- Depth (Chassis Only): 4-3/16" / 106.5 mm
- Depth (Inc. Connectors): 4-9/16" / 116 mm
- Weight: 1.79 lb. / 0.81kg
- Power Over Ethernet (PoE): Complies with IEEE 802.3af class 0 Power-over-Ethernet standard
- DC Power Supply: 1 x 12V 1.2A DC Power Supply
- Power Consumption: PoE: 11.0W - DC: 9.8W
- Operating Temperature: Operates at up to an ambient temperature of 50 degrees Celsius