The Focusrite RedNet 5 is a Pro Tools HD interface that provides 32 bi-directional channels for Dante AoIP networked audio systems.
The Focusrite RedNet 5 is a 2U 32x32 Pro Tools|HD interface for any Dante audio-over-IP network, providing 32 bi-directional channel I/O at 24-bit/192kHz sampling rate (16x16 at 192kHz). A pair of DigiLink connectors allows RedNet 5 to connect to any Pro Tools|HD system, whether it's Native, HDX, or even a legacy TDM system. Multiple RedNet 5 units can be on the same system to realize the maximum channel count of Pro Tools, while Loop Sync I/O allows seamless integration with other Pro Tools interfaces such as HD I/O and Sync HD I/O.
Focusrite RedNet 5—Just the Facts:
- 32x32 Pro Tools | HD I/O for Dante audio-over-IP networks at up to 96kHz (16x16 at 192kHz)
- Primary and Expansion DigiLink connections
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz sampling rates
- AES67 compliant (may require hardware update)
- Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O for increased flexibility and integration with other Pro Tools | HD hardware
- Comprehensive remote control and remote signal metering through RedNet Control
- 2-year warranty
Focusrite RedNet 5—Under the Hood
Advanced A-D and D-A conversion, premium multi-layered board circuitry and rock steady JetPLL clocking delivers extremely clean, transparent audio with extensive dynamic range and 24-bit, 192kHz sampling.
Dante audio networking
The power and flexibility of Dante is harnessed to build an extremely scalable, modular audio system that is compatible with any other Dante-enabled device.
Some devices feature dual power supplies and dual network connections allowing for silent fail-over in the event of power or network outage, providing peace of mind.
A wide range of connectivity options are available, including analogue, MADI, AES3, Mac, Windows, Pro Tools | HD and of course other Dante products.
For help integrating a Focusrite RedNet 5 into a Pro Tools | HD system, or configuring a new one, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Integrator today.
- Supported sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/176.4/192kHz (-4% / -0.1% / +0.1% / +4.167%) at 24-bit
- Clock sources: Internal, word clock, loop sync (master or slave) or from Dante network master
- Word Clock Range: Nominal sample rate ±7.5%
Rear Panel Connectivity Pro Tools | HD
- RedNet 5 (primary, expansion): DigiLink
- Loop sync Input: 1 x BNC 75 ohm port
- Output: 1 x BNC 75 ohm port
- Input: 1 x BNC 75 ohm port (switchable termination)
- Output: 1 x BNC 75 ohm port
PSU & Network
- PSU: 1  x IEC Inputs [with retaining clips]
- Network: 1 x RJ45 [2 x etherCON NE8FBH-S, also compatible with standard RJ45 connectors (Accommodates rugged etherCON NE8MC*. Does not inter-mate with Cat 6 cable connector NE8MC6-MO and NKE65* cable)]
Front Panel Indicators
- Power [PSU A]: Green LED. Illuminates when an AC input is applied and all DC outputs are present
- Network Connected [Primary]: Green LED. Indicates that a network connection is present [on Primary port when in Redundant mode. When in Switched mode, a valid network connection at either Primary or Secondary network port will cause this LED to illuminate]
- Network Locked: Green LED. When unit is network slave, shows valid network lock. When network master, shows unit is locked to indicated clock source. Flashing indicates external clock is selected but not connected
- Sample Rate: Orange LED for each: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, x2, x4
- Pull Up/Down: Orange LED. Indicates unit is set to operate on a Dante pull up/down domain
- Signal Indicators (RedNet 5): 16 Tricolor LEDs, 8 input/8 output indicators. Green Illuminates @ -42dBFS, Amber -6dBFS, Red 0dBFS.
- Mode (RedNet 5 only) Orange LEDs; Primary and Expansion
- Height: 3-1/2" / 88 mm
- Width: 19" / 482.6 mm
- Depth: 9-11/16" / 247.5 mm
- Weight: 10 lb. / 4.61 kg
- PSU: 1  x Internal, 100-240V, 50/60Hz, consumption 30VA