The Focusrite RedNet 4 adds eight award-winning, remote-controlled preamps to to a Dante Audio-over-IP network.
The RedNet 4 adds eight of the Focusrite's premium remote-controlled mic preamps/line inputs to your Dante audio-over-IP system through a single Ethernet cable. With two selectable instrument inputs, RedNet 4 provides an effective range of analog inputs for your system. The unit includes Focusrite's world-class precision A-D conversion. Mic/Line/Instrument selection, gain, phantom power, high-pass filter, and metering are also accessible from the front panel. The benefit of remote control microphone preamp gain is that you can keep the mic preamp close to the source (so the analog cable run is minimal) while still setting gain from the control room.
Focusrite RedNet 4—Just the Facts:
- Eight high-quality Focusrite remote-controlled mic preamps and A-D for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- DC-coupled signal path for characteristically open and transparent sound
- 24-bit precision conversion up to 192kHz
- 119dB dynamic range
- AES67 compliant; may require hardware update. Please contact us for further information
- Remote-controllable Gain, Phantom Power and High-Pass Filter from Yamaha CL and QL Series Consoles
- Line inputs wired to AES59 standard on DB25 connector
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and indicators
- Remote monitoring software with powerful graphic user interface
- 2-year warranty
Focusrite RedNet 4—Under the Hood
Advanced A-D and D-A conversion, premium multi-layered board circuitry and rock steady JetPLL clocking delivers extremely clean, transparent audio with extensive dynamic range and 24-bit, 192kHz sampling.
Dante audio networking
The power and flexibility of Dante is harnessed to build an extremely scalable, modular audio system that is compatible with any other Dante-enabled device.
Some devices feature dual power supplies and dual network connections allowing for silent fail-over in the event of power or network outage, providing peace of mind.
A wide range of connectivity options are available, including analogue, MADI, AES3, Mac, Windows, Pro Tools | HD and of course other Dante products.
For help integrating a Focusrite RedNet 4 into a Dante AoIP system or configuring a new one, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Integrator today.
- Phantom power: 48V, independently switchable per-channel
- Type: Electronically balanced, Z in = 2.4k ohm
- input level: 24 ±0.5 dB; min. gain for 0dBFS
- input level: -30 ±0.5 dB; max. gain for 0dBFS
- Frequency response: 20Hz – 55kHz ±0.1dB (-3dB @ 80kHz, fs = 192 kHz); Rs = 150 ohms
- THD+N inputs: 0.003 @ -1dBFS; 23dBu input, min. gain, 20Hz – 22kHz
- Noise: EIN -128dB; 60dB gain, Rs = 150 ohm, 20Hz – 22kHz
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 119dB A-weighted; Rs = 150 ohm
- Gain range: 0dB; 8 to 63dB in 1dB steps
- Gain range inputs: -12 to 42dB in 1dB steps
- Frequency response inputs: 20Hz – 20kHz ±0.1dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio inputs: 117dB A-weighted
Analog High-Pass Filters
- Selection: Independently switchable per-channel
- Frequency/Slope: -6dB @ 65 ±3Hz, 12dB/octave
- Input to input: -80dB (all other channels at 0dBFS)
- Supported sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/192kHz
- Internal or from network master device
- PSU: Internal, Universal type, consumption 30VA
- Power: Green
- Network connected: Green
- Sync lock: Green
- Sample rate: Yellow x 5
- Channel 1/2 source: Yellow x 3 (mic/line/inst.)
- Signal level: Green x 8 (-42dBFS); Yellow x 8 (-6dBFS); Red x 8 (overload)
- Channel select buttons: 8
- Channel function controls: Input source, HPF, phantom power, gain encoder
- Channel display: Color OLED; channel number, input source, gain