The Focusrite RedNet 1 is an 8-channel network interface that transmits eight bi-directional channels of high-quality line-level analog audio over Dante audio-over-IP.
RedNet 1 connects to your Dante™ audio-over-IP network with a single Ethernet cable. It's remotely controlled via the network and can be placed anywhere in your facility. It offers eight channels of line-level analog in and out, with Focusrite's precision 24-bit A-D and D-A conversion for superb audio performance, and 119dB dynamic range at sample rates up to 192kHz. The rear panel includes AES59 standard DB25 connectors for analogue patchbay or breakout cable interfacing.
Focusrite RedNet 1 8x8 Analog I/O—Just the Facts:
- Eight channels of high-quality line-level analog I/O for Dante audio-over-IP networks
- 24-bit precision conversion up to 192kHz
- 119dB dynamic range, flat from 20Hz – 20kHz, +/-0.15dB
- Software-selectable +24dBu or +18dBu level alignment
- AES67 compliant; may require hardware update
- Analog I/O to AES59 standard on DB25 connectors
- Comprehensive front-panel metering and indicators
- Remote monitoring software with powerful graphic user interface
- 2-year warranty
Focusrite RedNet 1—Under the Hood
Advanced A-D and D-A conversion, premium multi-layered board circuitry and rock steady JetPLL clocking delivers extremely clean, transparent audio with extensive dynamic range and 24-bit/192kHz sampling.
Dante audio networking
The power and flexibility of Dante is harnessed to build an extremely scalable, modular audio system that is compatible with any other Dante-enabled device.
Some devices feature dual power supplies and dual network connections allowing for silent fail-over in the event of power or network outage, providing peace of mind.
A wide range of connectivity options are available, including analog, MADI, AES3, Mac, Windows, Pro Tools | HD and of course other Dante products.
The Focusrite RedNet 1 adds eight bi-directional channels of high-quality line level audio to your Dante-enabled network. For assistance configuring a system, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Consultant today.
- Analog line inputs: 8
- Connector: 25-way female D-sub wired to AES 59
- 0DBFS reference levels: +18 or +24dBu (switchable)
- Converter dynamic range: 120dB
- Frequency response: 20Hz-20kHz 0.05dB
- THD N: < 0.001% un-weighted; -1dBFS input, 20Hz – 22kHz
- Dynamic range: 119dB A-weighted (-60dBFS method)
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: 119dB A-weighted; 20Hz – 20kHz
- Analog line outputs: 8
- THD+N: <0.001 un-weighted; -1dBFS input, 20Hz – 22kHz
- Dynamic range output: 119dB A-weighted (-60dBFS method)
- Converter dynamic range output: 120dB
- Signal-to-noise ratio output: 119dB A-weighted; 20Hz – 20kHz
- 0DBFS reference levels outputs: +18 or +24dBu (switchable)
- Input or output to input: <-90dB (all other channels at 0dBFS)
- Input or output to output: <-100dB (all other channels at 0dBFS)
- Supported sample rates: 44.1/48/88.2/96/192kHz
- Clock sources: Internal or from network master device
- PSU: Internal, universal type, consumption 30 VA
Front Panel Indicators
- Power: Green
- Network connected: Green
- Sync lock: Green
- Sample rate: Yellow x 5
- Input/output range: Yellow x 2
- Input/output signal level: Bi-color x 16 (Green = -42dBFS; Orange = -6dBFS; Red = overload)