Eve Audio SC205
Second in line in the Eve Audio studio monitors is the SC205. Like the name implies, it's a SilverCone two-way system with a 5" woofer. But don't let your eyes deceive you. The SC205 might seem like a small speaker, but it definitely packs a punch. With an extended bass frequency response and an astounding output level, the SC205 will easily fill your room with exceptional sound.
The SC205 also comes with the convenience of threaded screw inserts on the bottom and the back. That way, you can mount your SC205 on a regular microphone or speaker stand, or use the back plate for different wall mounting options available on the market.
The SC205 uses our 5" SilverCone woofer for an extended bass response. This very stiff diaphragm is honeycomb structured and glass fibre coated. Like in other models, such as the smaller SC204, the SC205 is driven by a sophisticated magnet system that uses a 1" voice coil responsible for delivering a greater linear excursion. All in all, this produces a bigger dynamic range than you would naturally assume from a speaker of these proportions. The result is an unsurpassed audio transparency that, when coupled with our proprietary AMT tweeter and PWM amplifier, will surprise you with a very powerful and precise low end.
The AMT (Air Motion Transformer) tweeter is our own proprietary technology that follows the rule of not using "off-the-shelf" components when looking for the best possible results. The preciseness and detail in the high frequency, along with the general tightness of the bass and mid-range frequencies, will make the SC205 equally adequate for use on the road or in studio.
- Description: 2-way System
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 6.89 x 10.83 x 9.17"
- Free-field frequency range (-3dB): 53Hz - 21kHz
- Tweeter: AMT RS1
- Mid-Woofer: 130mm/5"
- Cross-over frequency: 3000Hz
- Maximum SPL @ 1m: 101dB
- Number of amplifiers: 2
- Output power (woofer): 50W
- Output power (tweeter): 50W
- Protection limiter: Yes
- Volume: -inf. - +6dB
- High-shelf filter (-5dB - +3dB): > 3kHz
- Desk filter boost (0dB - +3dB): 80Hz
- Desk filter cut (-5dB - 0dB): 180Hz
- Low-shelf filter (-5dB - +3dB): < 300Hz
- LED brightness setting: Yes
- Level-lock dip switch: Yes
- Filter-lock dip switch: Yes
- Analog input: XLR (10k impedance), RCA (10k impedance)
- Power consumption (standby, full output): < 1W, 70VA
- Backmounting thread inserts: Yes
- Mic stand thread inserts: Yes
- Weight: 11 lbs (5 kg)