The Mic-Pre One is a single channel mic preamp that we originally designed with the home recordist who only needs one input in mind. Because of it’s high performance and robust mechanical design, it has also become first choice of many professionals when doing small remotes. They just throw two or three in a suitcase and off they go!
The Mic-Pre One’s great performance comes from our existing popular Daking designs, the Mic Pre EQ MKll, Mic Pre II, Mic Pre IV MKII, and console modules. All of these preamps use the same unique preamp circuit which features a Jensen input transformer and a Class “A” discrete transistor preamp with a single sided power supply.
The Mic-Pre One has a freestanding ‘DI-style’ aluminum enclosure, ensuring both strength and noise immunity.
It also features:
- 70db of gain
- +24dB of headroom
- Jensen input transformer
- Variable high-pass filter
- 20 segment tri color meter with VU and peak indications
- Switchable Polarity
- 20db pad with constant reflected impedance
- Switchable Phantom Power
- Direct 1/4″ instrument input on the front panel.
- Electronically balanced XLR Output
- Electronically balanced 1/4″ TRS output which can be used with unbalanced devices with no deterioration of signal.