The Blue Bottle Cap Kit takes the venerable Blue Bottle microphone to even greater sonic heights! This innovative collection of seven interchangable capsules (an eighth - the B6 - is included with the Bottle) adds an amazing array of tonal characteristics and pickup patterns to your Blue Bottle mic, allowing you to capture everything from the wispiest highs to the most gut-punching lows imaginable. The Bottle Cap Kit gives Blue's flagship microphone a level of detail and aural quality reserved for the most vintage and expensive models out there. Get the most out of an already incredible microphone with the Blue Bottle Cap Kit.
Blue Bottle Cap Kit Includes:
Blue Microphone B0 Capsule: Cardioid Large Diaphragm
- Superior bright, silky, and intimate presence
- Suggested Applications: Background and lead vocals, guitar, mandolin, percussion; any source where extended top end is featured
Blue Microphone B1: Cardioid Small Diaphragm
- Sonic accuracy with extended high frequency response
- Suggested Applications: Nylon or steel-string acoustic guitar, accordion, drum overheads, metal percussion, hi-hat, small pitched percussion such as toy piano or marimba, room or ambient miking, foley and sound effect recording, strings and orchestral recording.
Blue Microphone B2: Figure 8 Large diaphragm
- Big, warm sound of vintage ribbon mic
- Suggested Applications: Emulation of vintage saxophone, brass, guitar, or vocal sounds, jazz ensembles and horn sections, muted trumpet, flugelhorn and other low brass instruments, clarinet, overly bright or “edgy” instruments, room miking, acoustic bass, cello and other bowed string instruments, electric bass, clean or distorted electric guitar, pedal steel and slide guitar, whistling, organ.
Blue Microphone B3 Capsule: Cardioid Mid-sized Diaphragm
- Very transparent, neutral sound
- Suggested Applications: Female vocals, distant miking of orchestral groups and instruments, banjo, mandolin, resonator guitar, jazz guitar, distorted electric guitar, electric bass, a natural or “folky” tone on nylon and steel-string acoustic guitar, oboe, bassoon and other double reeds, organ.
Blue Microphone B4 Capsule: Small diaphragm sphere pressure omni
- Sweet highs, robust lows, unique design and sound perfect for ambient recording
- Suggested Applications: Orchestral sounds, classical instrumentation, background vocals, organ, accordion, distant miking of any source, particularly bowed strings, and drums.
Blue Microphone B5 Capsule: Large Diaphragm Pressure Omni
- Very unique compressed quality, extremely accentuated low and high frequency response
- Suggested Applications: Acoustic guitar, percussion, any highly transient sources, any acoustic sources that need very close miking or extra presence boosting to cut through a dense mix.
Blue Microphone B7 Capsule: Cardioid Large Disphragm Single Backplate
- Classic vintage detailed mids with airy presence
- Suggested Applications: Lead vocals, background vocals, saxophone, flugelhorn, clean or distorted electric guitar, pedal steel and slide guitar, organ, conventional jazz recording.