- Pristine audio clarity and ultra low latency through state-of-the-art A/D and D/A conversion
- High-quality, low-noise analog I/O:
- 2 premium, digitally-controlled mic/DI preamps
- 4 line inputs
- 8 line outputs, with true analog gain
- Versatile digital I/O, with sample rate conversion on all inputs:
- 8 channels of ADAT I/O (supports S/MUX II and IV)
- 2x8 channels of AES/EBU I/O
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O
- Route audio independently from Pro Tools with the persistent 14X26 pass-through mixer
- Completely integrates with Pro Tools|HD for full routing, mixing, and monitoring control
- Track hotter signals and smooth out sounds with Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter
- Hear your mixes in however many channels you need, from stereo to 7.1 surround
- Improve communication while tracking with dedicated cue path
- Keep things in sync with dedicated Word Clock and Loop Sync I/O
- Compact 1U rack-mountable chassis
- Connects to Pro Tools|HD through a DigiLink Mini connection (cable and adaptor included)
No need to route signals through multiple interfaces—with HD OMNI, you can do everything in one single-space rack, so you save money and space. As the hub of any music studio, you can use HD OMNI to record high-quality instrument and vocal performances, while providing dedicated cue mixes for artists, and monitor the performance through a discrete mix. For post production, not only do you have overdub and Foley recording capabilities at your disposal, you can use HD OMNI to monitor mixes with up to 7.1 channels—and fold down mixes from 7.1 to almost any channel configuration subset.
Raising the bar on audio performance, HD OMNI features premium A/D and D/A converters, so you can achieve higher audio fidelity, extensive dynamic range, super-low jitter, and the absolute lowest possible latency in your sessions. You also get built-in sample rate conversion and a soft clip feature for worry-free performance. And using Curv, a new built-in soft-knee limiter that catches even the fastest transients, you can track hotter signals and be assured that any unexpected peaks in your input won’t put you in the red.
Whether you want to listen in stereo or surround, monitor sound personally or set up a personal mix for someone else, or hear your work in headphones or on the big speakers, you can do it all with HD OMNI. Mix and monitor up to 7.1 surround (with fold down to stereo). Hear how your mix sounds on different speakers using the Main and ALT speaker selections. Set up an integrated cue mix for artists to monitor. Or isolate yourself with your own headphone mix. And if you don’t feel like launching Pro Tools—or even turning on your computer—HD OMNI features a built-in, customizable, 14x26 pass-through mixer, so you can continue to monitor external sources, such as keyboards, drum machines, and digital music players, independently from your recording setup.
HD OMNI and all other Pro Tools HD Series interfaces completely integrate with Pro Tools|HD, so you get maximum performance, dependability, and control of your inputs, outputs, routing, and monitoring right from your Pro Tools software interface. You’ll also get higher production quality and greater workflow flexibility than with previous Pro Tools interfaces. And if you want to use your interface with Pro Tools|HD and other DAW software, you can do that too, as all Pro Tools|HD systems support Core Audio and ASIO drivers.