At only 18” wide, 20” deep and 38″ high, the Augspurger® Duo 12MF offers an ultra-compact footprint studio reference monitor system ideal for tracking, mixing, and mastering. The free-standing system is a variant of Augspurger’s popular Duo 12V ‘s dual-12” cabinet design, replacing the Duo 12V’s classic Augspurger horn with the Dave Malekpour designed 30% smaller MF, or MidFocus horn, which was introduced in 2015 with the Duo 8 MiniMain.
This enables the powerful Duo 12 main monitor design to be placed in the midfield zone, closer to the mix position. Augspurger’s® MF Range is designed to fit in smaller control rooms where a traditional flush-mounted main monitoring system would not be practical, and where the distance between the mixer and the mains is tighter. Owing to the smooth Augspurger® power curve, the MF Series is capable of operating as both nearfield system and mid-field system, providing full presence and detailed response at low, medium and high listening levels.
The Duo12MF may be enhanced with our single or double 12” or 18” LF extension cabinets (SUB 212 and SUB 18), which will extend LF to 20 Hz (room dependent) and increase overall system output.
Power is delivered by Augspurger® Power SXE-3D networkable rack-mount amplifiers, providing over 3500W RMS of audiophile quality per channel, ensuring incredible dynamics and utmost clarity in sound reproduction.
Each Augspurger system is expertly hand built and tested in Hanover, MA USA. Notable users include producer and label executive Ron Fair and pop music icon Cyndi Lauper.
- Frequency Response: 28 Hz – 20 kHz no subs. 20 Hz – 20 kHz with subs.
- System Output: 118 dB SPL @ 2m with program material, 120 dB w/SUB 12, 122 dB w/SUB 212 and SUB 18.
- Power (per channel;): 2U rack-mount Augspurger Power SXE-3D series Class D networkable amplifier 1-input/3-output.
- 2500W to LF, 1000W to MF, 300W to HF. Includes active DSPtune software for complete system control, including crossover, limiting, phase, driver alignment, levels and equalization.
- Cabinet Dimensions (WxHxD): 18” x 38” x 18” / 45.72 x 96.52 x 45.72 cm
- Weight: 189 lbs / 85.75 kg
- Finishes: A durable and attractive Matte Black is our standard finish. Custom automotive finishes available to match any décor and theme.
(2) Two-way main monitor cabinets loaded with two 12” LF drivers and one 4’’ high compression driver with beryllium diaphragm on an Malekpour-designed solid maple “MF” (MidFocus) horn.
(2) SXE3/2500 three-way Class D networkable amplifiers (2500W, 1000W & 250W) with Active DSP providing crossover, limiting, driver alignment and system equalization & control software, rack-mounted 2U.
Subwoofer cabinets not included in this configuration.
MAINS - 38”H x 18”W x 18”D (96.52 x 45.72 x 45.72 cm)
Note: The speakers come standard in a matte black finish. Custom high gloss automotive paint finishes are available in any color to complement your room decor. Call for custom paint pricing.
Please note that the prices of Augspurger® products may vary based on color