Apogee JAM Plus is an extremely compact professional 24-bit/96kHz USB guitar interface with headphone out, zero-latency monitoring, and overdive for iPhone, Mac or PC.
Apogee Jam Plus is a professional, USB instrument input and stereo output. Jam+ connects your electric guitar, bass, acoustic instrument with pickup, dynamic mic or keyboard to your iOS device or computer. The simplicity and portability of Jam+ make it ideal for capturing your best take anywhere you go. Its ease of use and sound quality make Jam+ a must-have for beginners and pros alike, whether at home or sketching new tunes on the tour bus.
Apogee JAM Plus—Just the Facts:
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL connection for pristine sound quality
- Works with guitar, bass, keyboards, synths, or any acoustic instrument with pick-up
- Dual mode option for Clean or Overdrive signal
- Drive mode makes virtual amps and effects sound more realistic
- Stereo output connects to headphones or powered speakers
- Blend mode minimizes delay in headphones while recording
- No configuration, just plug in and play with any audio recording app
- 24-bit/96kHz high resolution audio
- Rugged metal body with soft touch base
- Works with iOS, Mac and Windows PC
- Includes USB micro-B to Lightning cable, USB micro-B to USB-A adapter cable, and USB micro-B to USB-C adapter cable
- Includes BIAS FX Jam software with premium amplifiers and pedal effects
- Built in the U.S.A. using domestic and foreign parts
Apogee JAM Plus—Under the Hood
In 2010, Jam was introduced in Apple stores worldwide as the first high-quality digital interface to connect guitars and instruments with Mac and IOS devices. Jam set a new standard in mobile recording by combining Apogee’s renowned conversion specs and components into a simple and portable design.
Jam+ continues the evolution in the series bringing the best advances in Apogee’s design and engineering into an all new metal chassis with enhanced PureDIGITAL circuitry for the greatest ‘true tone’ audio resolution. Jam+ now includes a powerful headphone output with zero latency monitoring and overdrive mode to make practice and recording sessions better than ever.
Controls and connections
The front face of JAM+ has three multi-color LED indicators for status, input level and blend mode. Blend mode has a separate control for tracking via the headphone output. As the name implies, it lets you mix between computer playback and input for zero-latency monitoring—the key to great performance. JAM Plus also has an input gain knob that doubles as a push-button to engage overdrive or clean modes. JAM Plus I/O includes a 1/8" headphone output, USB port, and 1/4" instrument input.
For more than just guitar
Connect any instrument-level input you can imagine to your computer or iOS device using Jam+. Synth and keyboard, electric guitar and bass, dynamic microphone and acoustic instrument with a pickup - it all works with Jam+.
Put it in OverDrive
Drive Mode gives you that responsive amp and pedal feel from subtle to snarling distortion and makes virtual amps and FX sound more like the real thing. Transform your pristine direct signal into a rich, warm overdrive that can provide everything from a clean boost to thick distortion in the tradition of the most coveted vintage amps and stomp boxes. Dialing up Drive Mode also makes your favorite virtual amps and FX sound much more realistic. Drive Mode gives you great tone for direct, zero-latency recording.
Blend feature lets you play and record with zero latency
Jam+ also features an 1/8" stereo headphone output and Blend function for zero latency monitoring. The Blend setting allows you to easily adjust how much direct instrument input you hear mixed with software playback, enabling you to dial in the perfect mix.
Improves playback quality and level
Whether you’re monitoring as you play and record with your favorite app, or streaming music, the stereo output on Jam+ dramatically improves the playback quality of your audio. With high-resolution sample rates up to 96k and ample headroom, Jam+ delivers incredible clarity and plenty of volume to your headphones or powered speakers.
Instrument input, AD and DA converter
Jam+ combines an analog overdrive circuit, instrument preamp and high quality A/D and D/A converters into one compact device. Apogee has designed each part of Jam+ to deliver the highest quality signal possible with the lowest noise—they call it PureDIGITAL.
Get BIAS FX Jam FREE
When you register JAM+ you will receive the desktop version of BIAS FX Jam software for FREE from Positive Grid. The bundle includes a premium selection of three amps, six effects, and a collection of essential pedals. JAM+ and BIAS FX Jam will give you amazing and realistic guitar tone for practicing, performing and recording. No additional software is needed to plug in and play with professional amp emulations.
Apogee JAM Plus is ready to jam when you are, with noise-free sonics and world-class conversion in a compact, inline form. Order yours today.
- Connect electric guitar or bass to iOS devices, Mac and PC
- Studio-quality you can take anywhere
- Direct digital connection for up to 96kHz / 24-bit high-definition recording
- Discrete, Class A input delivers punchy, tube amp tone
- Apogee’s PureDIGITAL circuit design eliminates signal noise
- No setup required, just plug in and play with any audio recording app
- Powered by iOS device or Mac (no batteries or ext. power required)
- Dial-in the perfect level with gain wheel and multicolor LED meter
- Works with GarageBand, Logic, and all Core Audio compatible applications
- Technical Specifications
- Input Type: Micro USB
- Connections: Lightning, USB (Type-C), USB (Type-A)
- Weight: 0.25 lb. (0.11 kg)
- Length: 4"
- Width: 1-1/2"
- Depth: 15/16"
Mac OS 10.9 or later
- Computer: Mac, with an Intel processor
- Memory: 2GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
Windows 10 or later
- Computer: Windows PC with Intel/AMD x86-64 processor
- Memory: 4GB of RAM minimum
- Connection/power: USB port on computer
- ASIO4ALL driver (for professional applications only)
iOS 9 or later
- Connection: Lightning
- Power: From iOS device
- iPhone X,
- iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone 8,
- iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7,
- iPhone SE, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6,
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5,
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch) iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (2nd generation), iPad Pro (9.7-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch),
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air,
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, iPad mini,
- iPad (6th generation), iPad (5th generation),
- iPad (4th generation),
- iPod touch (6th generation), iPod touch (5th generation)
- Apogee Jam+
- Quick Start guide
- BIAS FX JAM software download instructions
- Lightning cable (iOS devices)
- USB cable (Type C)
- USB cable (Type A)
- Warranty Booklet