- Product Description
- Q-Link Controls
- Computer Interface
- Additional Controls
- Additional Inputs
Experience expanded control of your VST instrument and effect collection with MPK261 and Akai Pro VIP3.0 (Free Download Included a $99.99 Value). VIP3.0 provides you with unparalleled access to your virtual instrument and effect collection, seamlessly integrating the hardware / software experience and grants the unrestricted freedom to create in a user-friendly, intuitive format. The combination of VIP and MPK261 maximizes workflow and ensures a playing experience that feels natural and enhances creativity – the natural, tactile feel of hardware fused with the unrivalled processing capability of virtual Instruments. Quickly find sounds based on instrument type, timbre, style or articulation from your entire VST library; sculpt immersive, expressive sounds and textures layering up to 8 separate instruments and patches per VIP instance; load up to 4 different VST effects per instrument channel to sculpt the perfect sound; put power into your performance with Pad Chord Progressions and user-friendly Key Control processors; and much more. From live performance to studio production, VIP’s user-friendly functionality coupled with a diverse feature set guarantees simple, seamless integration into your existing setup and provides the ultimate platform for unrestricted creative expression.
MPC 2.0 UPGRADE READY (Optional)
We are pleased to announce that the critically acclaimed MPC Software 2.0 upgrade is now available to purchase for your MPK, greatly enhancing the capability and functionality from the included MPC Beats software.
To see your upgrade path, click here.
MPC Software 2.0 is a cutting-edge production suite combining 128-track sequencing capability, real-time time stretching, clip-launch functionality, advanced MIDI editing capability, VST compatibility in controller mode, operation as a standalone application on Mac & PC, advanced sampling & audio editing/recording functionality, seamless DAW integration, a redesigned GUI, Ableton Link Compatibility and much more. Whether you're seeking freedom from computer based music production, or searching for the perfect controller for DAW-centric creative exploration, MPC Software 2.0 grants the ultimate in adaptive creative versatility.
You're In Control
Engineered to be an all-in-one controller solution, the Akai Professional MPK261 is a performance pad and keyboard controller that combines deep software integration, enhanced workflow, and core technologies from the iconic line of MPC workstations. Each member of Akai Pro's MPK series comes fully loaded with a comprehensive interface for manipulating virtual instruments, effect plugins, DAWs, and more. MPK261 features 61 semi-weighted keys with aftertouch, 8 assignable knobs, faders, and switches, 16 MPC-style pads with RGB feedback, and onboard transport buttons. Three banks expand the number of knobs, faders, and switches (up to 24 each), and four pad banks expand the number of pads (up to 64 total). Plus, MPK261 is optimized to interface directly with your Mac or PC with USB power and plug-and-play connectivity.
Made To Play
MPK261 comes equipped with 61 semi-weighted, full-size keys and a premium piano-style keybed for unprecedented response and natural feel. Each key is velocity-sensitive and outfitted with aftertouch for dynamic, expressive performances and recordings. In addition, onboard Octave Up and Down controls allow players to access the entire melodic range. Bundled with MPK261 is SONiVOX’s Eighty-Eight Ensemble, an authentic grand-piano virtual instrument, that lets you compose or perform with pristine, expertly voiced piano samples.
Genuine MPC Functionality
Classic MPC Swing, MPC Note Repeat, MPC Full Level, and 16 Levels are all onboard for further inspiration. With MPK261, musicians and composers can incorporate genuine MPC workflow into their productions and create with the tools that producers have relied on for years: MPC Swing lets MPK261 users obtain that tight, organic groove that made Akai Pro’s groundbreaking MPC music-making machines so legendary. MPC Note Repeat and 16 Levels make it easy to build beats and construct short melodic sequences using the MPC-style pads. In addition, an arpeggiator, with adjustable resolution, range, and patterns, enables users to explore complex melodic ideas, effortlessly.
MPK261 is armed with powerful production software—Ableton Live Lite and MPC Beats—for out-of-the-box music creation. Ableton Live Lite is a fluid audio/MIDI environment that enables musicians and producers to spontaneously compose, record, remix, improvise, and edit musical ideas. MPC Beats is a free and fully featured beat making DAW software for both Mac and PC based on the legendary MPC workflow. It also works as a VST plugin inside any major DAW. From the moment you install MPC Beats, you're ready to start creating, fast. Utilize over 2GB worth of content including samples, loops, and built-in virtual instrument plugins to craft your sound. Experience plug and play compatibility with all class-compliant USB controllers. MPC Beats has plenty of power for ambitious creators with over 80 audio FX plugins to warp, manipulate and transform audio into whatever you can think of. Plus VST/AU compatibility means there's room to expand your sonic palette with compatible third-party virtual instrument plugins and audio processing plugins. You can even record instruments or vocals with 2 stereo audio tracks to add live elements to your music.
World Class Software Package Included
Comprehensive production software package for Mac and PC included - MPC Beats, MPC Beats Expansions, Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 and Xpand!2 by AIR Music Tech (downloads).
Ableton Live Lite is a trademark of Ableton AG. Akai Professional, AIR Music Technology, and MPC are registered trademarks of inMusic Brands Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. inMusic is the exclusive distributor of SONiVOX.
- 61 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 16 RGB-illuminated MPC-style pads each with 4 banks for 64 pads
- 24 assignable Q-Link controllers include knobs, faders, and switches (8 of each)
- Revamped control layout with backlit LCD screen
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input and output
- iOS compatibility using the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- Comprehensive transport & parameter controls for hands-on DAW integration
- MPC Note Repeat, MPC Swing, and arpeggiator for advanced rhythmic and melodic manipulation
- MPC Full Level, 16 Levels, Tap Tempo, and Time Division assist with dynamics and tempo
- Pitch bend, modulation, and octave controls with split mode for expressive performances
- 2 assignable footswitch jacks and 1 expression jack
- USB power and plug-and-play connectivity
- Production software package included: Ableton Live Lite, Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech, SONiVOX Twist 2.0, SONiVOX Eighty-Eight Ensemble and MPC Beats (downloads)
- Includes VIP3.0 - the ground-breaking, award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection
- 61 semi-weighted, full-size keys with aftertouch
- 16 pressure- and velocity-sensitive
- light-up MPC-style pads x 4 banks
- 8 control knobs
- 8 faders
- 8 backlit switches
- USB-MIDI with 5-pin MIDI input & output
- 10 with Octave Up and Down
- MPC Note Repeat
- MPC Swing
- MPC Full Level
- 16 Levels
- Tap Tempo
- Time Division
- (1) 1/4" (6.35mm) TRS expression pedal input
- (2) 1/4" (6.35mm) TS sustain pedal or footswitch input
- USB power; no power adapter required
- 35.63" x 12.25" x 3.38" (WxDxH)
- 15.1 lbs