The Tone Beast is a mic pre that likes to be pushed and when pushed will colorize your signal ever so sweetly. The 2 opamps and 2 output transformers at the flip of their switches won't appear to be much different, but as one drives the pre into harmonic distortion, the unique character of each of these components becomes apparent. Additionally the Tone Beast is customizable and allows for other opamps to be sourced and easily swapped into the unit. The output control on the TB12 allows you to limit the signal exiting the preamp even when pushing the gain to really hot levels, giving you maximum control.
- Utilizes premium grade input and output CineMag USA Transformers
- 71db of Gain.
- TONE button – switches the input impedance from 600 ohms to 150 ohms.
- Changes the tone of both the mic and HI-Z inputs.
- Fully Discrete.
- High voltage 1731 style operational amplifier.
- 48 volt Phantom Power.
- 2 Meg Ohm True HI-Z input on front panel. Sends instrument signal through entire circuit including both Cinemag Transformers and the discrete operational amplifier. Great for guitars, bass, keyboards and other instruments that have a 1/4″ output jack.
- 20db pad.
- Compatible with standard 500 series racks