Legendary Sound on your Desktop
Using the same transformer-balanced technology as Neve’s flagship large-format 88RS, the 88M brings the legendary sound of AIR, Abbey Road and Capitol Studios into your home and portable studio setup.
88RS Console Preamp
The 88M uses the same microphone preamplifier as the world-leading 88R console. The 88 Marinair transformer-coupled preamp, used on countless top ten singles and film scores, is a proven design that delivers analogue punch and clarity to all signal sources.
The 88M microphone, line and DI analogue inputs are fed through the Marinair transformer, ensuring that all microphone & instrument inputs benefit from the legendary Neve preamp sound.
The 88M has plenty of audio inputs for more extensive recording sessions – two analogue inputs via the onboard preamps combined with eight digital inputs via ADAT optical connection allow for tracking up to ten signals. In addition, there are ten available outputs, two analogue monitor sends and eight digital outputs via ADAT optical connection, ideal for expanded monitoring, additional performer cue sends or connecting to different analogue units.
The 88M has two dedicated TRS outputs for your studio monitors, precisely controlled from the 88RS-style monitor pot with a centre detent set to -12dB below the maximum for the ideal studio listening level.
The 88M headphone amplifier has plenty of headroom for professional headphones with independent level control and a front-mounted TRS connection.
Both preamp channels feature a balanced insert send & return loop, ideal for connecting analogue outboard processing into your recording chain. Each insert send is always active, allowing for signal splitting, and providing an analogue output for each preamp before the A/D converter.
Like its progenitor – the two-ton 88RS console, the 88M is built to last. Housed in a high grade and robust shell, the 88M is the ideal interface to take out on the road.
The 88M uses premium AD/DA conversion chips to deliver ultimate fidelity for all outgoing and incoming audio signals. With the 88M in your home studio arsenal, you can trust your converters, knowing that the recorded sound is as pure as the sound in the studio.
Several built-in and simple to use monitoring options are available, providing latency-free monitoring for mono and stereo signal sources. Ideal for playback, tracking and overdubbing.
The 88M is designed for plug-and-play connectivity, taking power directly from the USB 3.0 connection. This class-compliant audio interface can be connected quickly to any laptop and be ready to record music in minutes.
- 2x Analogue Preamp Inputs (Mic/Line/DI)
- 2x Balanced Analogue Monitor TRS Line Outputs
- 1x Balanced TRS Headphone Output
- 8x ADAT Digital Inputs & 8x ADAT Digital Outputs via TOSLINK Connection
- Insert send and return loop
- USB 3.0 B -Type port for direct connection to Mac or PC
- Class Compliant – Core Audio/ASIO
- Headroom: +18dBu @ 1kHz (<0.5% THD+N)
- Distortion (THD+N): Typically 0.008% @ 1kHz (measured at +18dBu, 10Hz to 80kHz filter)
- General Noise: <-85dBu (A-wtg)
- Frequency Response (Mic/Line/DI): +/- 0.1dB 20Hz – 20kHz (+/- 0.5dB 10Hz – 35kHz)
- Voltage: USB3
- Current <900mA
- Microphone input impedance (balanced): 1.5k Ohms
- Microphone dynamic range: >110dB
- Microphone input gain range: +21dB to 68dB
- Line input impedance (balanced): 20k Ohms
- Line input dynamic range: >111dB
- Line input gain range: -35 – +35dB
- DI input impedance (balanced): 900k Ohms
- DI input dynamic range >100dB
- DI input gain range: +13dB to +60dB
Monitor Output Specification
- Maximum output level : +18dBu
- Dynamic range: >113dB
Headphone Output Specification: (150 Ohm load)
- Maximum output level : +10dBu
- Frequency Response: 20-20kHz +/- 0.3dB
- Distortion (THD +N): <0.007% @10dBu 1kHz
- Noise floor: -96dBA
- Width: 182mm (7.2 inches)
- Height: 76mm (3 inches)
- Depth: 203mm (8 inches)
- Weight: 1.675Kg (3.7Lbs)