gives you two channels of EQ taken from the flagship 88RS console and features DAW integration with software recall of settings on PC/Mac
Let's say you're all pre-amped up, but are in need of an equalizer that's equal to the task of matching your Neve 1081R or 4081 preamps. The AMS Neve 8803 Dual Equalizer delivers the distinctive sound of the flagship Neve 88RS console. Handmade and hand-wired as you've come to expect from Neve, it has two identical channels that are fully independent. Each channel features high- and low-pass filters and four bands of EQ. And, as you'd expect from the 88RS console, the 8803 Dual Equalizer's settings can be stored and recalled via USB using the Recall software. Plus, up to sixteen 88-series units may be connected to a Recall system simultaneously in any combination.
AMS Neve 8803 Dual Equalizer-Just the Facts:
- Revered equalization circuitry derived from classic 8108 design and flagship 88RS analog console
- Hand-built and hand-wired by Neve in Burnley, England
- ±20dB Input trim
- High-pass filter 30Hz-300Hz, 12dB per octave
- Low-pass filter 3kHz-15kHz, 12dB per octave
- EQ High 1.5k-18kHz, selectable Shelving/Bell, selectable Hi Q
- EQ Mid-high 0.8kHz-9kHz, Q range: 0.3 to 7 continuously variable
- EQ Mid-low 120Hz-2kHz, Q range: 0.3 to 7 continuously variable
- EQ Low 33Hz-440Hz, selectable Shelving/Bell, selectable Hi Q
- EQ bypass switch
- USB port for recall of settings via Mac or PC and control software
- XLR input combination jack, +4dBu, -10dBV
- XLR and parallel jack outputs
- External 100V-250V power supply
AMS Neve 8803 Dual Equalizer-Under the Hood
The input section of the 8803 has an input trim control that lets you set the level of the input signal from -20dB to +20dB and can encompass signals from sources referenced to +4dBu or to -10dBV. There's also a front-panel signal-present LED (trigger level is -30dBu) and a clip LED that will light red to indicate that the signal is greater than 25dBu and there is danger of clipping occurring.
The signal level is monitored at three stages: input pre-trim; input post-trim; and Output. The LED is triggered by any one of these levels reaching greater than 25dBu.
The 8803's balanced inputs and ±20dB trim are followed by two 12dB-per-octave filters. The high-pass filter has a variable corner frequency from 30Hz to 300Hz, and the Low-Pass Filter has a range of 3kHz-15kHz. The four bands of equalization offer selectable shelving and switchable “Q” on the high and low bands, with continuously variable “Q” on the mid frequency bands. Frequency selection is variable on all bands within the ranges 33Hz-440Hz, 120Hz-2kHz, 0.8kHz-9kHz and 1.5kHz-18kHz.
Neve proprietary Recall software
For easy recall, just as you would expect on an 88RS console, the settings of the 8803 can be stored and recalled via the Neve Recall software on a PC or Mac. Neve's proprietary Recall software (Mac/PC-compatible) allows seamless integration with workstations, providing instantaneous recall of all external device settings. An essential tool for creativity, Recall combines the flexibility of a computer-based system with the power and sound quality of genuine Neve design. Plus, up to sixteen 8- series units may be connected to a Recall system simultaneously and in any combination.
For modern producers and engineers looking to shape and develop sounds with unrivaled sonic purity and musicality, the 8803 Dual Channel Equalizer is the preeminent choice. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Specialist today.
- Max Output Level: +26dBu
- Frequency Response: +/- 0.3dB 10Hz - 20kHz +/- 0.5dB 10Hz - 35kHz
- Distortion: <0.006 (10Hz to 20kHz using window of 10Hz - 80kHz)
- Noise: <80dB 20hz - 20kHz (using measurement window of 10Hz - 22kHz)
- Input impedance: >20k ohm
- Output impedance: 50 ohm
- Width: 19" / 48.2 cm
- Height: 1-3/4" / 4.4 cm
- Depth: 9-1/2" / 24 cm
- Weight 5.5 lb. 2.5 kg