The SSL SiX Channel is a single-width 500 Series mini channel strip using the SuperAnalogue channel processing features from SSL's SiX console including the Mic-pre, low and high frequency EQ, as well as the single knob compressor. The SiX Channel is a simple way to add additional Mic/Line inputs to the line level inputs of any professional audio device, including the Stereo channels of the SiX console. It is also a flexible way to create a professional modular mixer from a ‘summing' 500 Series rack unit.
SuperAnalogue Pre-Amp input:
A wide gain range, ultra low noise SuperAnalogue design provides both Line and Mic facilities with a “Line” gain range switch to cover a wide range of source levels. The nominal Line Input impedance is 10 k?. This can be changed to 1 M? using the Hi-Z switch. The 1M? impedance makes this input suitable for very high impedance sources such as passive guitar pickups without the need for an external DI box.
- Switched 12 dB/oct, 75 Hz High Pass Filter (HPF)
- Polarity Switch (ø) inverts the polarity of the rear XLR Mic Amp rack input.
- A five segment LED meter shows the output signal level in dBu
The EQ is a gentle, broad stroke two-band design with high and low shelving filters at 3.5 kHz and 60 Hz, adjustable from +15 dB to -15 dB of gain. Each band can be independently switched between shelving and bell curves. The bell curves change centre frequency to operate at 5 kHz and 200 Hz giving greater versatility from the two controls.
A versatile ‘one knob' channel compressor with features that give powerful and versatile performance from its deceptively simple controls. A three LED meter indicating the amount of gain reduction being applied. The circuit has automatic make-up gain to maintain signal level for the full range of threshold settings.
- SuperAnalogue Mic Pre with 48V, Polarity and HPF
- Front Panel TRS Line Input with 1M? Hi-Z switch.
- Switched 2 band EQ with indepandantly
- Switched single knob compressor with variable threshold.
- 5 frequency selectable High-Pass Filter and Dedicated Output Trim.
- Module signal: Mono
- Pre-Amp Gain: Variable from +6 to +72 dB (Mic), -3 to +63dB (Line)
- Mic Pre EIN: Typically 129dB
- THD+N: <0.0015%
- CMRR: >80dB (Mic), >70dB (Line)