Antelope Audo Discrete 8 Synergy Core NOW WITH 54 FX + AFX2DAW
The Antelope Audio Discrete 8 Synergy Core is an 8-channel Thunderbolt/USB audio interface with eight discrete, console-grade Class-A mic pres, 4th-Generation clocking, 36 real-time audio effects, and Antelope's next-generation Synergy Core FX processing
The next-generation Discrete 8 Synergy Core is the latest entry in Igor Levin's mission to achieve a portable world-class studio. To accomplish this, Discrete 8 interface comprises eight discrete console-grade preamps combined with Synergy Core, Antelope's latest innovation in authentic effects processing. While Antelope's real-time, analog FPGA plug-ins sound stellar on their own, we all have go-to plug-ins from other companies that we rely on. With dual DSP chips and the massive computational power of Antelope's FPGA (field-programmable gate array) processor, Synergy Core opens up the Discrete 8 to 3rd-party plug-ins as well as Antelope's remarkable FPGA FX - processing that frees up your CPU while processing with extremely low latency. Discrete 8 Synergy Core features Thunderbolt and USB connectivity, 8 console-grade microphone preamps, 26 total inputs, and 30 outputs, including two dedicated ReAmp outputs. There's even a footswitch jack to speed up your workflow. And with 36 top Antelope effects plug-ins included free, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core gives you everything you need to accomplish recording, mixing and mastering - in essence, a 1U world-class studio.
Antelope Synergy Core - Just the Facts:
- Synergy Core next-generation signal processing platform; dual DSP, 1 FPGA
- 36 included real-time audio effects + optional additions
- 8 Console-grade Class A mic pres with discrete transistor design
- Best-in-class AD/DA conversion with 121dB dynamic range
- 4th Generation 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking
- 8 Analog line outs (DB-25)
- Thunderbolt and USB connectivity
- A pair of monitor outs on TRS
- 2 dedicated ReAmp outs
- 2 Stereo headphone outs
- 3 Word Clock outputs
- Create and share custom presets
- Intuitive software control panel
Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core - Under the Hood
Eight console-grade, fully discrete preamps
In the world of pro-audio design, there are certain recording consoles that stand apart from the rest based on their preamps alone. Rather than designing textbook generic preamps as are found in most audio interfaces, Antelope engineers took their inspiration from the circuitry of microphone preamps that have stood the test of time. However, the Discrete 8's preamps had to do more than stand on their own, they also “get out of the way” for the FPGA preamp models to shine through without any additional hype altering the performance of the models. After extensive research into both classic and modern preamp design, Antelope developed the Accusonic preamp; a Class-A, 6-transistor discrete preamp born of the great console designs. Not only do the Discrete 8's preamps sound stellar on their own, they can take on the sonic characteristics of a variety of classic preamps via the Antelope Audio FPGA engine - plus, it happens in real-time and with as authentic a response as possible.
Why use discrete transistor circuitry?
As we mentioned, the Discrete 8's preamps have to “get out of the way” for the FPGA models to work to their maximum capability. In order to achieve that, the best possible noise and distortion performance is essential. Discrete bi-polar transistors can outperform IC op-amps, (integrated circuit chips), particularly with low source resistances. The open-loop gain (for linearity) and load-driving capability provided by op-amps may have less than respectable performance specs, which ties into the second requirement of low distortion. Most op-amps have Class-B or Class-AB output stages, many of which show crossover artifacts on the distortion residual. A discrete op-amp (transistor) can dissipate more power than an IC, and thus can have a Class-A output stage, avoiding the crossover issue completely.
In essence, discrete transistor circuitry offers the lowest noise and distortion specs possible, enabling the FPGA FX preamp models to shine through without any uncharacteristic noise and distortion, which are also modeled to provide the true performance of the modeled preamp. Additional noise and distortion would turn the model into a different preamp, and not necessarily a better one. (Too much information? We at Pro Audio Design think not.)
Antelope Custom FPGA DSP Processor
As CPU power increases, plug-in code gets heavier and heavier, so that the net reserve in processing power always seems to zero out. Then came powered processors powered by SHARC chips. But they introduced latency, and had their limitations. Enter Igor Levin, who's groundbreaking work in digital clocking and conversion put Antelope on the map. Not one to rest on his laurels, Levin turned his expertise to effects processing, taking advantage of the considerable processing power of FPGA (field programmable gate array), which enables you to pile on as many processors as you like without maxing out your DSP - but it's not just about how many plug-ins you can use, it's about how good they sound. Antelope's FPGA effects bring audio realism to a new level. They sound, behave and feel just like real hardware gear, because they are real hardware gear. With Discrete 8 Synergy Core, you have the equivalent of racks and racks filled with the world's finest outboard, but with no maintenance costs or electric bills - just pure processing power with sound that satisfies the ears of A-list mixers, such as 11-time Grammy winner Mick Guzauski, 8-time Grammy winner Michael Brauer, 6-time Grammy winner Brian Vibberts, and Grammy-winning producer-songwriter Greg Wells. If you've been thinking about transitioning to the convenience of ITB mixing, but have been holding off due to sonics, thanks to the Antelope Synergy Core, you have no more excuses.
Unique to the Antelope audio interfaces is the custom FPGA, which stands for field-programmable gate array. “Field programmable” simply means user programmable. At their most basic, FPGAs easily push the 500MHz performance barrier with unprecedented logic-density increases and a host of other features. In the hands of a master programmer, such as Antelope's Igor Levin, who coaxed more performance out of USB than anyone before him, Antelope's custom FPGA provides eight times the DSP processing speed than ASICs used in similar devices. This allows fast and easy simultaneous processing of multiple effects, better sound quality, and much lower latency. It also means that you can pile on as many effects per channel without maxing out the Orion 32 HD's DSP - and it all happens before audio reaches your DAW, which saves resources for your processor-intensive plug-ins.
Synergy Core benefits:
- Offload FX processing to reduce buffer size, record with sub-millisecond latency & monitor in real-time.
- FPGA dynamically recreates studio effects & mic models on the circuit and component level.
- Industry-standard DSP brings a wider variety of effects to an efficient real-time, low-latency platform.
- Improves your computer's stability when handling CPU-heavy synths, samplers and FX.
- Future-proof and configurable architecture lets us design each product for optimal performance.
- FPGA eliminates the issue of latency stacking which is common with DSP-only units.
36 Synergy Core FX Included
Adding further value to your investment, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core includes a compelling library of 36 real-time studio effects, meticulously modeled after their hardware originals. It's all happening inside your audio interface with the lowest latency possible thanks to FPGA's massive parallel computing capabilities, DSP processing, and fast Thunderbolt™ connectivity. The library can be expanded to include any effects you choose from Antelope's web store.
Antelope Discrete 8 Synergy Core included effects:
- FET-A76 Compressor
- PowerFFC Compressor
- Stay-Levin Compressor
- VCA160 Compressor
- X903 Compressor
- ClearQ Equalizer
- VEQ-1A Equalizer
- VEQ-HLF Equalizer
- VMEQ-5 Equalizer
- BA-31 Mic Preamp
- Gyraf Gyratec IX Tube Mic Preamp
- Auraverb Utility Effect
- PowerEX Utility Effect
- PowerGate Utility Effect
- Bass SuperTube VR Guitar Amp
- BurnSphere (DE) Lead Guitar Amp
- Darkface 65 (US) Guitar Amp
- Marcus II (US) Lead Guitar Amp
- Modern (US) CH3 Guitar Amp
- Overange 120 (UK) Guitar Amp
- Plexi 59 (UK) Guitar Amp
- Rock 22.10 (UK) Guitar Amp
- Rock 75 (UK) Guitar Amp
- Top30 (UK) Bright Guitar Amp
- Tweed Deluxe (US) Guitar Amp
- Bass Tube 1x15 Guitar Cabinet
- Bluelux 1x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Caliper 50 1x10 Guitar Cabinet
- Clst 1x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Darkface 65 2x12 Guitar Cabinet
- England 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Green 2x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Green 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Modern 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Top 2x12 Guitar Cabinet
- Vintage 4x12 Guitar Cabinet
Additional FX and AFX2DAW FREE effect during promo (Oct. 31, 2019)
Taking advantage of high-speed Thunderbolt, the AFX2DAW * plug-in lets you use Synergy Core effects as inserts inside your chosen DAW. This simplifies workflow and enables easy, immediate effects automation.
Included Promo Plug-ins (good until 10/31/19)
- VEQ-4K Brown
- VEQ-4K Orange
- VEQ-4K Pink
- VEQ-STU 089
- VEQ-STU 169
- VEQ-STU 900
- Master DE-Esser
*Available as a separate purchase for Mac Thunderbolt
Expandable FX Library
Tame peaks, give punch and add color to your tracks with an arsenal of vintage and modern compressors. Each one is a faithful reincarnation of a fabled unit that's been serving studios around the globe for decades - with the exception of Antelope's own Feed-Forward compressors, which we believe you will find quite powerful, yet transparent.
Real-Time Live Monitoring
- Built from the ground-up for the Synergy Core platform, Auto-Tune Synergy adds live pitch correction to the Antelope Audio experience.
- Industry-leading pitch correction anytime you need it - live, during recording, and at mixdown
- Fully adjustable Retune Speed, Flex-Tune, and Humanize parameters with Auto-Key automatic key and scale detection
- Real-time, low latency performance with the Edge Go modeling microphone and any Antelope Audio Synergy Core interface
- ‘Classic' mode pays homage to the legendary “Auto-Tune 5 sound” heard on countless hit records
Make your frequency adjustments musically pleasing and as broad or precise as you want them using these classic, time-tested equalizers. Each one is a remarkable achievement in audio engineering and an iconic studio piece that helped shape the sound of genre-defining records. They are now yours to behold with the power of Antelope Audio's FPGA FX platform.
Even the greatest studio microphone needs the right preamp to be brought to life. Antelope's effects collection features the finest vintage tube and solid-state mic preamps known in the studio world; rare, hard to find, and exquisite examples of sophisticated audio engineering.
Home in on your production work with surgical precision and efficiency using Antelope Audio's assembly of studio utilities. AuraVerb, in particular, is among our proudest works - a versatile and thick-sounding reverb that's great for adding a realistic sense of space and depth.
Mic modeling ready
The Discrete 8 Synergy Core's Accusonic 3D modeling engine lets you transform the Antelope Audio Edge and Verge modeling microphones into expensive-sounding vintage replicas. Shape the final sound with complete control over proximity effect and change polar patterns during or after recording. Choose from a collection of classic and rare microphones as you monitor and record live, bringing out the musician's finest performance.
*Available with Antelope Audio Edge & Verge modeling microphones
Acoustically focused clocking
The pioneer of atomic clocking in pro audio, Antelope Audio incorporates 20+ years of clocking expertise in its audio interfaces. With the proprietary 64-bit AFC jitter management algorithm, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core delivers the kind of artifact-free audio once accessible only to the most prestigious studios. AFC eliminates signal jitter for pristine, artifact-free audio, while increasing width, separation, and detail in musical performances.
For Windows users, Antelope Audio offers a very fast and stable custom Thunderbolt driver which achieves true sub-millisecond round-trip latency.
Windows Thunderbolt Driver features:
- The Antelope Audio Windows Thunderbolt driver supports ultra-low latency down to sub-millisecond round-trip latency including AD/DA*
- The driver is very efficient and maintains stable playback on busy sessions with lots of channels and effects
- The Discrete 8 achieved LLP Rating of 9.30 on the DAW Bench low-latency benchmarks
* 0.995ms measured on Discrete 8 using PreSonus Studio One 4, 192kHz, 64 samples buffer, streaming mode set to “Fast”
With an abundance of analog and digital connectivity, as well as both USB and Thunderbolt ports for computer connection, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core presents more options than any DSP-equipped interface out there. Eight mic/line inputs, two instrument inputs, eight DC-coupled line outputs on DB25, a pair of monitor outputs, two reamp outputs, two headphone outputs and S/PDIF are at your disposal. Digital expandability is possible via 2 × ADAT I/O chaining. A Word Clock input allows for syncing the Discrete 8 Synergy Core with other gear, while three Word Clock outputs let you distribute the interface's highly stable clock signal across your studio.
Hand-Built In Europe
Featuring Antelope's uncompromising attention to detail, the Discrete 8 Synergy Core is housed in a machined aluminum chassis. Each unit is hand-built in Antelope's European facility to strict standards, component choices and quality control. This kind of attention to detail is typically reserved only for boutique-class products.
It's time to maximize you synergies and capture the mindshare of your demographic with Antelope's Discrete 8 Synergy Core. Order yours today. For more information, call or chat online with your PAD Studio Consultant today.
- 6 x mic / line inputs
- 2 x mic / line / Hi-Z inputs
- 1 x monitor out on TRS 1/4" jack, +20dBu max
- 2 x ReAmp out on TRS 1/4" jack
- 1 x line out (8 channels) on DB25, +20dBu max
- 2 x stereo headphone outputs
- EIN: -128dBu (A-weighted)
- Dynamic Range: -121dB (A-weighted)
- THD: -106dB
- Max input: +18dBu
- Max Gain: 65dB
D/A Monitor Converter
- Dynamic Range: 130dB
- THD + N: -115dB
- Dynamic Range: 121dB
- THD + N: -112dB
D/A Converter (line out)
- Dynamic Range: 121dB
- THD + N: - 100dB
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16 channels)
- 1 x S/PDIF
- 2 x ADAT (up to 16 channels)
- 1 x S/PDIF
USB 2.0 I/O
- USB 2.0 Type B connector
- Thunderbolt connector
Word Clock Input
- 1 x inputs @ 75 ohm 3Vpp on BNC 32Hz - 192kHz
Word Clock Outputs
- 3 x outputs @ 75 ohms 3Vpp on BNC 32Hz - 192kHz
- 4th Generation Acoustically Focused Clocking
- 64-bit DDS
32, 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4, 192kHz
- 0-50°C, 32-122°F
- Width: 19" / 483 mm
- Height: 1-11/16" / 44 mm
- Depth: 8-5/8" / 220 mm
- 6.1 lb. / 3.0 kg
- 20 watts
- OS Windows 10, 64-bit with latest Microsoft Updates
- Disk Space Available Hard Drive Storage Space
- Ports Available Thunderbolt and USB 2.0
- CPU Intel Core i3 or AMD FX or higher
- Memory (RAM): 4GB Minimum (8GB or more recommended)
- Model Apple Mac 2012 or newer
- OS X Minimum macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and higher - Recommended macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
- Disk space available hard drive storage space
- Ports available: Thunderbolt and USB 2.0
- Memory (RAM): 4GB Minimum (8GB or more recommended)