Designed for permanently installed sound systems where rackspace is at a premium, QSC's CX168 provide unprecedented levels of channel density for multi-channel amplifiers. The CX168 provide 90 watts per channel at 8 ohms. Each pair of channels may be bridged to configure these amplifiers as 4, 5, 6, or 7 channel units. Like the entire CX Series, the 8-channel models feature DataPorts for remote amplifier management or signal processing, incorporate QSC's legendary PowerLight® technology, and deliver our unmatched reputation for quality and reliability.
Delivering tighter bass and clean, transparent highs, PowerLight also cuts waste heat, boosts reliability, and eliminates unwanted noise and hum. PowerLight is a revolutionary switching power supply technology that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times per second through an ultra-low noise impedance circuit. Unlike amplifiers that use conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely and remains crisp and clean.
- 8 ohms, 0.05% THD: 90W
- 4 ohms, 0.1% THD: 130W
- Midband Rating, 8 ohms, 0.1% THD 1kHz: 100W allchannels, 120W single channel
- Midband Rating, 4 ohms, 0.1% THD 1kHz: 140W allchannels, 180W single channel
- 16 ohms 0.1% THD 20Hz-20kHz: 180W
- 8 ohms 0.1% THD 20Hz-20kHz: 260W
- 90 watts per channel at 8 ohms and 130 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- Compact size - only two rack spaces and 14" deep for reduced rack space
- Channel pairs bridgeable for maximum flexibility
- Exclusive PowerLight switch-mode power supply technology for high performance and compact size
- Active Inrush Limiting eliminates AC inrush current, removing the need for expensive power sequencers
- Four HD15 DataPorts (one per channel pair) for Q-Sys and QSControl computer control and monitoring
- Custom integrated gain control security cover for tamper-proof installations
- 1 dB recessed detented gain controls for fast and accurate settings
- Detachable Euro style input and output connectors
- DIP switch control for clip limiters, high-pass filters, bridge mono and parallel operation
- Selectable high-pass filters protect speakers and prevent speaker transformer saturation with minimal effect on program material (33 Hz or 70 Hz)
- Comprehensive front panel indicators including signal, clip, bridge mono and parallel input LEDs
- Fully protected - including DC, infrasonic and ultrasonic, thermal overload and short circuit protection
- High-performance Class AB+B complementary bipolar output circuitry
- 3-year warranty plus optional 3-year extended service contract
- All CX Series amplifiers meet the European Union's, 2006 RoHS directive to restrict the use of hazardous materials used in electronic devices.